Businesses don’t usually take on new software just for its own sake; the purpose of taking the effort to implement such changes is to improve business performance and accelerate success.
Are you using the best technology available to achieve the best business gains without blowing your budget?
Whether you are a trainer, training administrator or trainee, your learning management system (LMS), should make your work easier. Whether your work in a startup, SME, large enterprise or other type of organisation, an LMS can be a great tool for getting more things done, especially now that new market offerings like Velpic bring down the price point and put it within reach of smaller organisations with smaller budgets.
Many HR teams choose an LMS like Velpic to make the following happen easily:
- Streamline and automate training content creation and management,
- Track that all employees take the latest compliance tests and required inductions,
- Upskill their workforce effectively with mobile and microlearning options, and
- Share information among staff and keep them updated on important matters.
Sales, of course, is the lifeblood of any organisation. Using a customer relationship management (CRM) platform harnesses technology to improve sales and customer satisfaction.
Many sales teams choose a CRM like Salesforce to make the following happen easily:
- Understand prospects and customers better to to satisfy their needs,
- Have all customer information in one place for better account management,
- Gain access to multiple user resources, and
- Enable easy data collaboration among departments.
Strong training and sales systems and strategies go hand in hand in making an organisation great no matter what challenges it has to face.
In fact, best of breed cloud-based software like Velpic and Salesforce bring similar advantages to your organisation no matter its size or industry:
- Innovative technology with seamless upgrades and secure Internet access,
- Automation or streamlining of everyday tasks to boost productivity,
- Increased efficiency for teams in multiple locations,
- Smarter reporting and analysis to make better business decisions, and
- Agile and flexible customisation options to perform multiple business functions easily.
- Support stakeholders (employees, partners and customers) with timely information.
A powerful way to synergise great training and sales teams is to integrate your LMS with Salesforce.com.
Integration gives your LMS the ability to work alongside and support core programs and systems that your company uses on a daily basis. For many organisations, one of these core systems is Salesforce.
There are 8 key benefits of integrating Salesforce with your organisation’s LMS.
- Simplified workflows. Integration enables single sign-on, which means an authorised user who is logged in to one system can access the other (if also authorised to access both systems) without logging in again. Managers can enjoy the productivity gains of reducing the need to perform this repetitive task.
- Richer integrated data. Not only does this eliminate repetitive work, it also gives the user access to the data in both systems to provide a more complete picture of information related to members of both databases. With richer data, better business decisions can be made.
- Increased work efficiency. HR professionals who are logged in to Salesforce can select a customer and assign product training, or select a salesperson and assign an induction session. This can be done without having to import them separately into the LMS or login in a second time to perform this task. Making work easier can relieve the stress levels typically present in busy professionals’ lives.
- Automated training processes. If a person added to the Salesforce database is assigned to a group, then HR team can automatically enrol them in trainings automatically set up for that group in the LMS. Automating processes that are done often and repeatedly can result in massive cost savings and an improvement in work satisfaction.
- More comprehensive reporting. Administrators can see (in a single-click view) the report ratings and reviews for metrics captured in both Salesforce and the LMS.
- Better training decisions. With this rich training data, better training recommendations can be provided through Salesforce.
- Greater performance incentives. Users can collaborate on Salesforce’s Chatter which gives badges, certification and reminder information to groups which are linked. Knowledge sharing can also be achieved over Chatter.
- Easier knowledge sharing. All training and knowledge articles can be placed in knowledge module of Salesforce so that all content can be accessed with one login.
Synergising your training and sales platforms can make your organisation leaner and stronger if you use the right SaaS providers that drive their own innovation and can serve as your long-term strategic partners.
When organisations come to the crossroads of whether they should grit their teeth and keep using legacy systems they have heavily invested in, or rethink and redesign their core business strategies and systems to futureproof themselves better, nimble next-generation capabilities made possible by software like Velpic and Salesforce are greatly worth considering.
In the Gestalt of embracing smart SaaS technologies, the integrated whole is definitely greater than the sum of its parts.